Saturday, February 20, 2010

This Week + In My Mailbox

Hey guys!  On Saturdays, I'm going to start doing this every week.  I'm going to post what I posted that week, along with my In My Mailbox post, because my contests run on Sundays now.  If I found anything interesting/have any other book-ish news to share, I'm going to post it on Saturdays as well. :)

What I posted this week:

Sunday - I posted the new contest for a signed copy of DupliKate by Cherry Cheva.  The contest ends tonight at midnight (eastern time) so make sure you enter if you haven't!

Monday - I posted my review of Gone by Lisa McMann.

Tuesday -  I posted my review of Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison.

Wednesday - My Waiting on Wednesday post was for Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick, the sequel to Hush Hush.

Thursday -  I posted my interview with Stacey Jay, author of You are So Undead to Me, Undead Much, and My So-Called Death.

Friday - I posted my review of Undead Much by Stacey Jay.

What I Read This Week:
1. Tricks by Ellen Hopkins
2. Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis

In My Mailbox:

You've probably noticed that I haven't done an In My Mailbox post in a while... so I'm going to keep this one short while I catch up - there'll be no pictures or summaries, just for this week!

For Review:

  • Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood by Eileen Cook. (This one came randomly but I've always wanted to read it!)
  • wtf by Peter Lerangis (Another random one, but it sounds like it has a cool premise.)
  • Dirty Little Secrets by C.J. Omololu (A debut novel that I've heard only good things about!)
  • The Mark by Jen Nadol (Another debut novel that I've only heard good things about!)
  • Beautiful Dead: Book One - Jonas by Eden Maguire (This one sounds fabulous.)
  • Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt. (Another Tenner novel that sounds fantastic.)
  • The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson.  (This is a repeat copy, but I'm looking forward to reading this one!)
  • Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. (Can we say EEEEKKKKK?!)
  • Sing Me to Sleep - Angela Morrison (This one sounds just fantastic!)
  • A Love Story Starring My Dead Best Friend by Emily Horner. (I've wanted to read this one since I heard the summary.)
  • God is in the Pancakes by Robin Epstein. (This sounds like a wonderful debut.)
  • The Outside of a Horse by Ginny Rorby. (I love horses, so I should love this one!)
  • For Keeps by Natasha Friend. (I've always wanted to read one of Friend's books, now I have the chance to. :D)
  • Boys, Bears, and a Series Pair of Hiking Boots by Abby McDonald. (This one sounds really funny... I can't wait to read it.)

For One ARC Tours:


  • Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis. (Just finished this one this morning, and it was amazingggg!)
  • Swoon at Your Own Risk by Sydney Salter. (I've read a few pages, and it's cool so far.)
Bought:


  • Alphas - Lisi Harrison (I read the Clique books when I was a tween, and it was like 70% off at a Walden Books that was going out of business haha.)
  • Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston (I've heard great things about this one.)
  • Going Bovine by Libba Bray.  (I've never read Libba Bray before, but this one was also 60% off at the same Walden Books. It sounds amazing.)
  • Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison (Sounds like a cool one.)
  • Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld. (I've never read Scott Westerfeld before either, and this one was also 60% off at the Walden Books so I thought why not?)
  • The Real ACT Prep Guide. (Ehh... not real excited about this one...)
  • McGraw-Hill: Conquering the ACT Math (Uhmmm... not really excited about this one either..)
Phew, that was a lot haha.

Interesting Posts I Came Across This Week:

-->Grab the countdown widgit for Elizabeth Scott's next book, The Unwritten Rule!

-->The Cybils winners were announced!  Congrats to Courtney Summers (for Cracked Up to Be) and Kristin Cashore (for Fire). :)

-->The new cover for Jennifer Echol's upcoming book, Endless Summer, was posted! It's gorgeous.

-->Dark Flame, the next book in the Immortals series by Alyson Noel, now has a cover. What do you think about seeing her whole face in this one?  I don't know if I like it or not...

-->Check out Claudia Gray's Hourglass tour schedule to see if she's coming to a town new you. :)

-->If you  haven't checked out the Living Your Five blog, you should.  Now.

And that's all I have for you this week!  Check in tomorrow for next week's contest. :)

hope.

6 comments:

YA Book Queen said...

WG,WG! Sing Me to Sleep! PFH! Ah, I want to kidnap your mailbox. You had a great book week! Hope you enjoy them all :)

Anna said...

haha, this is about four weeks of books... heck, if I had this many books come in one week, I'd honestly be scared! haha. :)

Sarah Woodard said...

Awesome books...

Rebecca said...

Wow thats a lot of books. I'm reading Going Bovine at the moment. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Dani. said...

You really should read Libba Bray's Gemma Doyle series (A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, Sweet Far Thing)they're fabulous! Though I have heard Going Bovine is too! :)

Lori said...

Nice list of books. Enjoy your books. Here's Mine.

*Also, check your chatbox - I have an award for you. :) *