Friday, February 19, 2010

Review: Undead Much? - Stacey Jay

Summary: (from amazon.com)




Q: How many guys does it take to make your boyfriend wild with jealousy?
A: Only one, if he's UNDEAD.


Megan Berry had a perfectly average new-sundress-and-boy-obsessed life--until her power to settle the Undead returned. Oh, and then her best friend tried to kill her--and ruin homecoming--with a bunch of black magically raised zombies. At least she got a spot on the pom squad and a smokin' boyfriend (Ethan). But now Megan is in deep fertilizer all over again.

Why? Well, let's see...

· Feral new super-strong zombies? Check.
· Cheerleader vs. pom squad turf war threatening half time as they know it? Check.
· An Undead psychic hottie (Cliff) who's predicting a zombie apocalypse--and doing his best to tempt Megan away from Ethan? Yum. I mean, Check.
· Earth-shattering secrets that could land Megan in Settler prison for life? Um, IT WASN'T ME!!!


Everyone thinks Megan's at fault for the new uber-zombie uprising. Looks like she'll need the help of both Cliff and Ethan if she's going to prove her innocence before it's too late...
Info:
Pages: 304
Publisher: Razorbill 
Release Date: January 21, 2010

Grade:
Originality: 20/20
Characters: 14/15
Writing: 9/10
Voice: 10/10
Ending: 10/10
Entertainment: 9/10
Cover: 10/10
Recommendation: 9/10

Total: 96/100 = A



Previous Books in the Series:
You Are So Undead to Me


Review:


I loved the first book in this series, You Are So Undead to Me.  I also loved Undead Much?, but a little bit less than the first book in the Megan Berry series.

I didn't really know where this one was going to go.  You Are So Undead to Me felt pretty tied up at the end to me, so when I found out that there was going to be a sequel, I was surprised.  But I didn't mind, because I loooove the way Jay writes, and I also loved Megan and Ethan, the main characters in this series.

However, I felt like Megan and Ethan weren't the same characters as they were in the first book.  I could see definite character growth, which I loved, but their personalities seemed somewhat different.  I felt this with Ethan more than Megan, and that somewhat disappointed me.  I wanted them to be the same as they were in the first book.

Also, before I end this review, I want to point out that while the first book is more "romance" than focusing on Megan's Settling, the second book isn't like that.  The second book, in my opinion, is more focused on Megan's Settling, though the romance aspect is still there.

Besides a few dull points here and there where nothing was really going on, Undead Much? was a wonderful sequel to You Are So Undead to Me.  If you haven't read either of these books, I highly recommend them to you - you won't be disappointed!  They're perfect if you're looking for a "lighter" zombie read.

hope.


This book was provided to me by the publishing group ensuring that I would give an honest review.  I was not in any way, shape, or form paid for this review.

2 comments:

I Want To Read That said...

I really love this series! I hope there are more - especially with it ending the way it did! Thanks for the review:)

Morgan said...

I've heard a lot of great things about this series and I really need to pick up the first book!