Monday, June 8, 2009

Fairest of them All - Jan Blazanin


Summary:

If life were a fairy tale, Oribella Bettencourt would have a "happily ever after" kind of future ahead of her. A Hollywood producer has come to Des Moines in search of a perfectly modern Princess Rapunzel, and Ori -- a model, dancer, and star of the beauty pageant circuit -- lands the part. And why shouldn't she? With her hardworking, self-sacrifi cing mother guiding her career, Ori is stunning, dedicated, poised...and then there's her hair. Breathtakingly lustrous blond hair that sets her apart from all the other girls at school. So what if she doesn't have any friends her age, or anyone to talk to other than her mother? She's on the verge of having everything she's ever dreamed of.But in this fairy tale, the beautiful princess wakes up to her worst nightmare -- when almost overnight, Ori begins to lose her hair....

Review:

Plot: The overall idea of the story was really good. I liked seeing how Oribella would deal with it next. I've never heard of or read about a book where the girl loses her hair, and it was a really refreshing change in the YA book world.

Characters: I'm not going to lie: I really didn't care for Oribella for over half of the book. I thought she was very vain, and very annoying. However, after an event that happened a little farther than halfway through, she became real to me. She became a character that acts as a real person does... for the first half of this book I just wasn't feeling it.

Wow Factor: I would've been wowed more if I liked Oribella as a character more. 3 hearts.



hope.

2 comments:

Bookworm said...

This sounds like a cool read. A gorgeous cover, too! I definitely want to check it out.

Ashley said...

I loooove the cover. But, I don't want to spend the money on it. I'll wait for the library to get it.