Monday, March 30, 2015

Review: Vendetta by Catherine Doyle

Sorry for my absence last week!  I run a small crochet business, and I had some commissioned items that I needed to finish up, which didn't leave me any time to get posts up!
 
Summary:
 
When it comes to revenge, love is a dangerous complication.With a fierce rivalry raging between two warring families, falling in love is the deadliest thing Sophie could do. An epic debut set outside modern-day Chicago.

When five brothers move into the abandoned mansion in her neighbourhood, Sophie Gracewell's life changes forever. Irresistibly drawn to bad boy Nicoli, Sophie finds herself falling into a criminal underworld governed by powerful families. As the boys' dark secrets begin to come to light, Sophie is confronted with stinging truths about her own family, too. She must choose between two warring dynasties - the one she was born into, and the one she is falling in love with. When she does, blood will spill and hearts will break.
 

Summary from Goodreads.
 
Information:
Is this part of a series? Yes, this is book one.
Pages: 352 pages
Publisher: Chicken House Ltd.
Release Date: February 24, 2015
Source:  Bought
 
Review:
 
I have been waiting to write this review, because I don't know how to say what I want to about VENDETTA. Overall, I really enjoyed this story.

I picked up VENDETTA while using the rest of my Barnes and Noble gift cards in February. I had not heard anything about this book, but the premise seemed good, so I bought it (something I never do!). I am glad I picked it up. I started reading it the next day, and totally avoided everything I was supposed to be doing to read this book.

Doyle sets up a great story. While it can be very predictable at certain times, there are also moments that will surprise you. There are characters that you will love, characters you will love to hate, and characters that will just plain really confuse you.

My favorite part of this story was the way Doyle creates her characters, and how you see them grow and change throughout the novel. The book picks up the pace really fast, and right in the beginning you are introduced to five lovely, hot Italian boys (and if you needed a reason to read, there is one all on it's own). From the very beginning, these boys will leave you wondering about them and their life.

The writing in this book is great, the characters are great, and this is a book I really enjoyed. I can't wait for next year for the second book to see how the novel continues!


 
Grade: B+
 
Anna

No comments: