Friday, August 14, 2009

Author Guest Blog: Lauren Baratz-Logsted


Lauren Baratz-Logsted the the author of many young adult books, including Secrets of my Suburbia Life and the upcoming Crazy Beautiful. Here she is telling us what she wished she knew when she was a teenager.

---

If I could go back in time, I'd tell Younger Me: "Stop rushing things!" Of course, that's the thing about being young - a year takes longer to live through than it does when you're older, and you're always in a hurry to be a little older so you can do The Next Big Thing: wear makeup, get a driver's license and do, er, other things. It's all rush-rush-rush! But the truth is, once you've grown up, you'll be a grownup for a very long time and then you'll wish you hadn't rushed through it all. I've come to the conclusion that the happiest people, at whatever age, are those who are smart enough to be content with where they are in life, understanding that it's all so ephemeral. So that's the LB-L message for the day: "Don't hurry Time!"

---

Thank you for sharing, Lauren!

hope.

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

I like this advice, however, I must express my belief that even if you are "grown up" you should still be able to be silly and childlike, at least some of the time.

<3 Chelsie
bookloverreviews.blogspot.com

The Obsessive Reader said...

"er, other things" hehe you mean sex. That is so sweet you don't want to say that in front of us. I really need to take the no hurrying thing to heart. It seems like all adults say this.