Sunday, August 16, 2009

Author Guest Blog: Cheryl Renee Herbsman

Cheryl Renee Herbsman is the 2009 debut author of Breathing, which was released in April. Here she is telling us what she wishes she knew as a teenager. =)

---

I wish I’d known that who you are in high school does not define you for the rest of your life. So if you feel like you haven’t found “your people” or your self yet, don’t worry. There will be so many more opportunities once you’re out of high school to find a place where you fit and feel at home. And when you’re looking at colleges or other programs for your future, take the time to find a place that feels like a good match. That matters more than I realized at the time. There are soooo many possibilities out there. Find one that really feels good to you. That’s a gift you can give yourself.

I also wish I’d known to worry less. (I’m still learning this one.) But really and truly, things tend to work out okay, maybe not the way we expected. But life has a way of working itself out. So I wish I’d known to trust more and worry less.

Also, most people’s facades, whether they are shy or bold, popular or geeky, or whatever, are something they put out there because of their own fear of judgment. Everyone worries about what other people think. So remember, just because someone seems a certain way doesn’t mean they are really as confident as they seem.

And no matter what anyone else says, you really are okay and life really does get better!

---

Thanks Cheryl!

hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is pretty much the post I needed to read right now.

Awesome advice, Cheryl!