Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Perfect You - Elizabeth Scott




Kate's life has turned upside down in the past year. Her dad quit his job to sell Perfect You vitimins at a booth in the mall, and the business isn't doing to well. Her best friend, Anna, became popular and is ignoring her now. But, worst of all, she believes that she is becoming Will, the school player's, next conquest.

What she doesn't realize is this: This are probably worse than she thinks with the business, which she finds out when her grandmother moves in. Anna just might want to be her friend again. And Will might have different intentions than she thinks he does.

Perfect You was a wonderfully written books that points out the good - and bad - of high school. It is one of those books that is written like my life or your life could be. Kate is just one of the "invisible" girls in her school, not the popular. And Will is just... amazing. I could see him as being a real guy at my school. The only thing I can say that wasn't the best thing about Elizabeth Scott's book is that she didn't describe the characters a lot. It was just a tiny reference here and there, and it wasn't really enough to be able to visualize a few characters from the book.

Other than that, Perfect You was a wonderful book, and very down-to-earth, too. I'd definetly recommend you read it.

*Also reviewed for Pulse It.
hope.

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

I loved this book!! And I can't wait to read Stealing Heaven.

Liv said...

I'm so excited to read this book. I have it checked out from the library right now.

Keri Mikulski said...

Great review, Hope! Can't wait to check this one out.

Em said...

Bloom by Elizabeth Scott is also really good. I'd definitely recommend that one.

Trish said...

I really liked this one. Scott really captures Kate's frustration and the flirtations with Will are fantastic.

Trish said...

I really liked this one. Scott really captures Kate's frustration and the flirtations with Will are fantastic.