Thursday, April 17, 2008

Jinx by Meg Cabot

Since she was born, bad luck has followed Jean. She doesn't buy into her grandmother's stories about her families past saying that either her or her cousin Tory are the next generation of witches in their family. But then, she is forced to move to New York City with her Aunt and Uncle - Tory's parents - because of a situation back in Iowa.

Nobody at her school seems to accept her but her cousin - because she has to - and Zach, who Tory is in love with. Things aren't going too good in New York, until her luck changes. But who knows what her cousin will plan for her. And what is really is Zach's problem every time she brings up Petra, the au pair who Zach is in love with?

Jinx is up to Meg Cabot standards. I have to say it is one of my favorites by her. I think she has lots of clones -- that's why she can write such good books so much. After How to be Popular, which I didn't think was one of her best books, Jinx was very good. Even if you aren't into the whole magic scene, you will enjoy the book. Magic does make up a big part of it - but it's not the whole story. Not everything centers around it.

(I'm sorry the picture isn't up there. It won't let me add it for some reason. I'll try and edit it later so it shows up. [:)
----

I have to rant for a little bit. So if you don't like ranting, you can just ignore this. ;]

Okay, so my school is doing Alice in Wonderland as the spring play. It's this weekend, which means they do preview shows this week. They'll take a little bit of the play and perform it for the school. So we went down to the aud today to see it, and people were making fun of the actors and laughing and... it was just horrible. I mean, do people have no respect for plays anymore? It takes guts to get up there and perform, then they just go and do that. I love going to musicals and plays, and I just hate to see people make fun of them - especially their own peers. My school is VERY sports minded, and it's like, you don't go to a basketball or football game and laugh at the players because of what they're doing or laugh at them because they mess up. So why do you go see a play and laugh at the actors or laugh because they messed up?

Okay. I'm glad I got that out. I feel lots better now. [:

hope.

6 comments:

Amee said...

I loved Jinx as well! What do you mean that she has clones? I was confused on that part.

Did you want to exchange links? I left a comment a few posts down about it but haven't heard back from you. I already added your link to my blog, I would appreciate it if you added mine to yours! Thanks!

http://theravenousreaderreviews.blogspot.com

Axa said...

She means that because she pops out book, after book, after book she must have clones to help her write faster...

About the play thing. That is sad. I love plays and I respect people who have a passion for them.

Steph said...

I've been disappointed by Meg lately, but I keep hearing Jinx is good. I'll have to check it out :)

Em said...

Airhead by Meg Cabot is really good too! Crazy plot, but good. :-)

Trish said...

Jinx wasn't my favorite. I can't really pinpoint why, but I'm usually hit or miss with Meg Cabot books. This time was a miss.

Haylen Nadia said...

How to be popular was a really awesome book, i cant believe you didnt like it. Jinx was okay too. Meg cabot is such a good author. :)