Sunday, September 28, 2008
The First Annual Young Adult Book Awards!
(Thank you Kelsey for the wonderful button!)
I was going to post this on the first, but I got really excited (and I remembered that I have something else to post on the first), so you lucky ducks are getting it now! Enjoy! (Also, any feedback/comments on this would be wonderful! Just e-mail them to me. :D)
I'm happy to announce the first annual Best of Young Adult Book Awards! These are the awards for a wide variety of young adult literature.
Here's the schedule:
Today - November 30th at midnight (eastern time): Nominations
December 1st - December 31st: Voting
January 1st (or maybe the second. . .): Winners announced!
Here's What You Do:
1. Read the information for the categories below. Some will be self explanatory, but others will probably need some explanation.
2. Which books would you like to see win each category? E-mail me your top three choices for each category. This doesn't mean you have to nominate a book for every category. It is a lot more fun if you do nominate for a majority of the categories, though! (Make sure you look below for an explanation of how to send your nominations.)
3. Also, try not to send e-mails to me with just a few nominations on one e-mail, another few in a different e-mail, etc. I'm trying not to clog up my inbox too much. Save all of your choices in a Word Doc if you can't do it all at one time and then send the Word Doc to me as an attachment.
4. Once you have all your choices for nominating, e-mail them to me at email@example.com
5. Come back in December to vote! (More information about voting will be posted in December.)
1. All books are okay as long as they were published in 2008 and are young adult books, and fit with the category you nominate them for.
When You Send Me Your Nominations:
1. Please send them in this format:
Why should this book win?:
2. Please make the 'Why should this book win?' answer at least one sentence, please.
3. All three books for all the categories must be done in that format. If it's not done in this format, your nominations won't be counted!
If You Are An Author:
1. You can still nominate books if you read the YA genre!
If You Are a Winner:
1. If you win when then winners are announced in January, then you will get an award in the mail! :D
Explanation of Categories:
Best Of. . . :
-->Best Book of Short Stories
-->Best Book of Poetry
-->Best Romance Story
-->Best Historical Fiction Story
-->Best Science - Fiction Story
-->Best Fantasy Story
-->Best Vampire Book
-->Best Romantic Comedy
-->Best Clunkster: Book must be more than 300 pages.
-->Best Chick Lit: Yes, it's not really a YA catagory. But most YA fans read chick lit, too, so I added it.
-->Best Horror/Thriller Book
-->Best Real-Life Book: Which book related to your life as a teen the most?
-->Best Music-Based Book: Music must be an important part of the storyline.
-->Best Happily Ever After Story: Best Fairy Tale Retelling.
-->Best Action-Adventure Book
-->Best Female Protaginist
-->Best Male Protaginist
-->Most Humorous Character
-->Best Supporting Male Character
-->Best Supporting Female Character
-->Best Couple: Which couple were so cute you just couldn't help but love them being together? (Even if you did have a secret fictional-character-crush on one of them. . .)
-->Best Wish-You-Were-Them Book: Which book really made you wish you were living the life of one of the characters?
-->Hottest Guy in a Book
-->Hottest Girl in a Book
-->Best Lover's Spat: Which book has that one amazing arguing scene between a couple?
-->Best Love Triangle
-->Best New Female Author: First book must have been published in 2008.
-->Best New Male Author: First book must have been published in 2008.
-->Amazing Wordsmith: Which author just has that magic touch with words?
-->Best New Series: The first book must have been published in 2008.
-->Best End to a Series; The last boo must have been published in 2008.
-->Best Series Novel: Was your favorite book out of a series published in 2008? Then it'll fit in this category.
-->Overall Best Series: At least one book published in 2008.
-->Best Movie Based On A Book: Move must have been released in 2008.
Have any questions or comments? E-mail them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave them in the comments and I'll answer as quick as I can.