Friday, July 4, 2008

Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty - Jody Gehrem



Amber loves John.
John wants Hero.
Hero loves Claudio.
Geena and Ben are archenemies.
But not for long.


Review:

All Geena wants is the perfect summer: her, her best friend Amber, and other best friend and cousin, Hero, to get along and be painting their toenails together and all the stuff that best friends do during the summertime. But when Hero and Amber first meet, it is like hate at first sight.

They end up getting along, however, and they achieve a lot more in one summer than most people do in a whole year.

I could not find one thing wrong with this book, I'll be honest with you. I searched and searched, but still did not come up with anything. Not a single spelling or grammar error did I find, not a single flaw in the whole book did I see.

However, there was a lot of good things. The story definetly did not start out slow, and the plot moved along nicely. The characters were described in a way where you felt like you could live their lives, and I found that I could relate to each of the main characters: Geena, Amber, and Hero.

The bickering between Geena and Ben made me laugh every time. It was similar to the bickering that you see between Maya and Camden in She's So Money. If a book can get me to show emotion, like laughing, then it really is a good book -- I usually don't show too much emotion when I read.

I have to say that this is one of my favorite books of this year. It was awesome, awesome, awesome. If you haven't read this book yet, please do. You will not be disappointed.

Jody Gehrman uses just the right amount of humor, romance, and drama to create the perfect young adult beach read, which is why it earned five stars!




Mis Favoritas Citas:

-->"What with the end of school, the frenzied sentimentality of graduation, and the balmy June weather, there was palpable electricity in the air, and it was infectious." - Page 27

-->"She was having a hard time meeting his gaze. I could see why - his eyes were so piercing and intense it was like trying to look directly at the sun." - Page 30

-->"I needed to feel the force of gravity, to tuck into a low crouch and listen to the air whistling past my ears; otherwise, I might just float off into the cloudless sky with pure, buoyant joy." - Page 131

-->"The trick wasn't making me like you." HIs hand moved slowly up my leg. "It was getting me to admit what I felt all along." - Page 245. (I'm a sucker for lines like this, haha.)

hope.

4 comments:

RR2 said...

Yay, I'm glad you liked it. :)

Em said...

i really, really want this book :)

Amee said...

Awesome book. Did you love the June 17th entry. Seriously the best one in the book.

Carolina said...

This book is on my TBR pile! Great review! (BTW it's Mis citas favoritas)