Sunday, June 8, 2008

This Lullaby - Sarah Dessen



This lullaby is only a few words,
A simple run of chords,
Quiet here in this spare room, but you can hear it, hear it.
I will let you down,
But this lullaby plays on.

Remy's mom has had five husbands, which is why it makes sense that Remy doesn't believe in love. She has the whole boyfriend thing planned out: date the guy, then once the initial rush leaves, you leave also. That is why Remy doesn't understand Dexter. Since he ran into her at her future fifth step-dad's dealership, she just hasn't been able to shake him. Is Dexter Mr. Right or will Remy run away before she can find out?

This Lullaby was an amazing book. The whole idea of the book is a really good one. Most of the books I read, the main character always believes in love. Remy didn't - and I don't blame her for what her situation was. Remy was a very original main character, and her thoughts were portrayed wonderfully.

I can wrap everything I feel about this book up in one sentence: Go buy this book now, if you haven't already. :)

hope.

5 comments:

Rachael Stein said...

yeah, i loved this book too :D it was very cute!

Kelsey said...

I absolutely loved this book. Sarah Dessen is amazing.

RR2 said...

This is one of the few Sarah Dessen books that I haven't read. I'm looking forward to reading this, though!

Hillary said...

I loved this book! It was great!

Trish said...

For me what makes this story a big winner is the interaction between Remy and Dexter. Their conversations are charming. Oh, and John Miller cracks me up!