Monday, May 5, 2008

She's So Money by Cherry Cheva

Maya is a senior in high school. Her parents own a Thai restaurant and make her and her brother work at the restaurant for long shifts almost every day. They also tell her how important her grades are, and when she doesn't come home with good grades, they get really mad at her.

Which is why Maya can't tell them about the $10,000 fine that the restaurant got when they were out of town and Maya was in charge. This fine leads her to start a cheating ring with the very popular, very unattainable Camden King, who thinks that he can get any girl he wants. But Maya is an exception. Or is she?

Before I'm going to start my review, I'm going to just add something here: Do. Not. Try. This. At. Home. Cheating is bad. Very, very bad. [:

What can I say about this book? It was wonderful. I honestly didn't predict the ending, for once, which was cool. If an author can write a book where I can't predict the ending, then it's a good book. Camden and Maya's bickering was so funny, because Cherry Cheva always had them have these sarcastic comebacks. All in all, it was hilarious. I was reading it in school after a test one day, and it was making me laugh out loud (earning me a glare from the teacher :p). If you haven't read this book yet, I highly recommend it!

And if you haven't read the book, enter the contest running this week to win a SIGNED COPY!

hope.

No comments: