Sunday, February 10, 2008

All About Me (And The Blog).

About the Blog:

Hope's Bookshelf was started one February on a snow day. I went on amazon.com looking for some new books to get from the library, and saw a review done by Chelsea (The Page Flipper) and a few by Kristi (The Story Siren) and suddenly wanted to start blogging.

I never expected that this blog would be so successful or that I would even stick with it. But now, I love blogging and I can't imagine my life without this wonderful blog and all my wonderful readers and internet friends. :]

I get so shocked when I get e-mails asking for advice with blogging and everything, because, first, I never expected this to become anything, and second, because I still don't think this blog is everything in can be.

If you have anything to ask, or any advice to give me to make this blog even better, feel free to e-mail me. I'm always open to new ideas. :]

About Hope:

I am a fifteen year old (as of now in 2008) who loves reading. I'm one of those geeks at school who usually carries a book around with them at all times. Besides reading, music is the other major part of my life. I honestly could not live without my iPod. I play the piano and also sing (though I don't think I'm real good with the singing yet. :p). I'm in my school's choir, and also my town's community choir. I also go to church (an Assembly of God church), and I do a lot of things there, mostly with music and children. I want to be a preschool teacher or a choir teacher when I grow up (is is weird that whenever I say 'when I grow up' now, I think of the Pussycat Dolls song?), though I don't know where I want to go to college yet. I live in Michigan. I don't like winter; summer is my favorite season.

hope.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Welcome to the First in a Series Challenge, Hope! I hope you enjoy all your choices. :)

Being that you are 14 and have chosen YA books to read, you may be interested in joining the YA Challenge, too. You may use the YA books you have already chosen or choose new ones, especially if you read a book a week. Think about it. :)

When you are done reviewing a book, don't forget to come back and link just that post.

Happy Reading!